The construction of the fort began in 1523 AD in the fairytale land of majestic forts and palaces. The fort's battle-scarred walls and turrets are a tell-tale reminder of Khimsar's glorious past. In mid 18th century, the royal family moved in and a new 'zenana' (ladies' wing) was built with finely carved windows in stone grills to provide 'purdah' or veil for ladies-in-waiting. Subsequently, Thakur Onkar Singh built for himself a regal wing.
In 1997-98, the Khimsar Fort was awarded the Grand Heritage classification
by the Department of Tourism, Government of India. A section of the fort still
remains the residence of the royal family of Khimsar.
LOCATION : 65 kms from Jodhpur Airport/city.
ACCOMODATION : 65 Luxurious Air-Conditioned Room with refrigerators,Telephones,Phone Lines,Hot and cold Running Water.
Multi-cuisine facilities, garden lunch and barbecue, Satellite TV and AC rooms, Swimming pool, tennis, badminton,Nature walks, bird watching, picnics, Conference facilities, Forest drive in wildlife sanctuary, Credit card, money exchange, Doctor on callADDRESS : P.O. BOX Khimsar, District Nagaur, Khimsar, Rajasthan.